Pages

11.08.2007

TAG: The things I am most grateful for

Jamie has tagged me and I can't let her down! I have to write about things that I am thankful for. Which is actually really what I need because lately I haven't felt very satisfied, just wanting to move onto the next journey in life instead of really just enjoying this one currently in hawaii. So in honor of thanksgiving in a few weeks, I will start showing more gratitute for a few things (in no particular order)...

1. My husband. This man is amazing. He IS my Best Friend. Sometimes he frusterates me to no end, but i can never stay mad or not laugh when he tries to make me. I always cave. I know he will love me no matter what, even when I don't feel pretty he makes me feel gorgeous. He has such a strong testimony and is sooo good at everything that is asked of him in church. He always sets a wonderful example for me. I love watching him in church when all the kids want to sit and draw with him and see how patient he is and how much he really loves all our friends kids and loves to play with them. I'm amazed at how hard he works to get stellar grades in school and the time and commitment he puts into it. He is always so supportive of everything that I do and always willing to take time out of studying to hang out with me or take me on dates. Always willing to act interested in the things I like because he knows it makes me happy. He really is the most patient, loving, strong, loyal, forgiving, passionate, funny, humble man that i know! James is my anchor. I can always count on him for anything. With him I feel comfortable and at peace and know that he will take care of me and protect me. He always has the right thing to say when I need it and always can be logical when im completely emotional (which most would know that sometimes I need!) I might be biased but he is the best hubby!

2. My family. What would I do without them? They have always been soo supportive of me, well not always ;) but for the most part. They were always there when I needed them most and always willing to love me tons no matter what. Whenever I found a new hobby or sport they supported me 110% even if they knew it might not last long. They always have the best advice to give me and to be honest they usually are always right about everything. Of course I would never admit that at 17, but it's true. My mom is such an amazing example to me in how much she loves the gospel and how hard she worked to make sure we were at church with her every week no matter what. She really is a very very strong lady. My sister is freakin hilarious can always make me laugh, we have our tiffs and are stubborn sometimes but she has always loved me unconditionally and never judged me for anything I did. My dad who has always worked hard to make sure that we had everything we could have wanted, and taught us what hard work was. Who really in the end taught me great judgement and always had great dating advice to give when i would date idiots! He taught me how to be clean and take care of the things I had! They really are a fabulous family and I'm so blessed to have them. And now I have My Mother and Father in law, two sister in laws and a brother in law...or two of them i guess and they are great too! We always have fun laughing when we are together!

3. My wonderful friends. Oh my wonderful friends! I have gone through a billion friends, but there have been a few that really have blessed my life like no other and really helped get me to where I am now. You three ladies know who you are. Without Chelsea, Monica and Alicia I would have been on a totally different path in life and when I got married in the temple all I could do was say thank you to heavenly father for putting them in life! They have really been the best of friends I could ever have and we have had so many amazing and hillarious adventures together over the years! I only had one friend I kept from high school who is amazing just like her mother! Who is such a great example of a mother and a wife and I hope to be like one day. Then the friends I have made here being married...oh they are hillarious! They have such great testimonies and are always the first to help out with anything or offer their help. They have constantly amazed me in the ways that they are willing to give with nothing in return and to love tons and what good parents they all are! I really have been blessed in my life with the friends i have come to know.

4. The Gospel. How I love this gospel and would be nothing without it. How it has completely humbled me so many times in my life and brought me so close to my Heavenly Father! The blessing I have recieved over the years and the many miracles that have happened have just increased my faith and love of this gospel and church and how it works. I love so many things about it, the relief society, my primary and nursery kids, the priesthood which is huge now that I have an amazing husband who is so willing to use it and knows how precious it is. I'm so grateful for the gospel and what it has brought to my life and the man and family it has brought with it!

5. My health. Ok so my body is whack and i swear I have a billion problems, but I'm alive and have all my limbs and one day will hopefully have lots of little Lows running around because of it. I'm grateful to be able to do the activities that James enjoys to be able to take in this wonderful island and see all the amazing things about it.

6. My job. Sometimes I mumble and grumble about it but I love it! I love the people that I work with and the things that I do. I love it more for the fact that I am the sugga momma and it is able to give us money for a roof over our heads, and lots of food in our bellies and provides us with date nights and so many other things. And the things that I am constantly learning here will help me next year when we move and I need to find a bigger and better job and I will be completely prepared for something hard!

7. The fact that I live in hawaii. This is the hardest for me. I complain a lot about hawaii, about how there are only a few great food places, as compared to cali where there are a billion, the shopping isn't where i would like to shop, the fact that we are in the middle of nowhere and you have to drive 30-1hour to get anywhere good. But this place is gorgeous! Sometimes i forget that until I'm driving along the coast and the water is clear and the sky is blue and it's November! I do miss the seasons, but i love the warm weather, not the humidity but the weather. And how cool is it that I get to live in a honeymoon place for two years before i go back anywhere else. My kids will totally be jealous! I complain but then walk, drive or go to the temple and realize how lucky i am to live here in this tropical place!

So those are the things I'm grateful for...there are a billion but I will just keep it to the most important ones! I won't tag anyone because I will let you just decide on your own if you want to remember what you are grateful for and share with others! Kind of puts things in perspective and reminds you of the great things when you do this! Thanks Jamie! ;)

4 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

just remember what it feels like to live in Rexburg...and then you'll be a whole lot MORE grateful for Hawii!!!!

Brenica Monirent said...

Oh my Wild Lioness...still wild, and still a lioness- but oh how you make my tears well up and then my co-workers ask if I'm okay and i tell them it's allergies and oh I have the best friends ever. You are marvelous as you are kind, spunky as you are understanding...I love you i lovey ou i love you.

SS said...

I can't believe you could ever complain about living in Hawaii! Please, for me...lie about it and rub it in my face that I don't live there. Because that is what you are suppose to do when you get to live there!

Tim & Alicia said...

It's been awhile since I got to sit and look at blogs, but before that even I tried to make comments a couple of times. Mostly wise cracks about how fantastically you have turned out, you were always wonderful, but I can't help but giggle sometimes to think of the changes since you lived in our loft in the Aves. Look at how conservative you look now! I'm lucky you girls let me in on all the fun times, and even the hard times too. I love you! We will miss you this weekend!