Pages

10.06.2009

What am I Thinking?!

Yep, that is right. I'm doing it! Why: because I'm totally crazy and suicidal! I have worked at Universities for a couple years now and why not use that to my benefit? Well I was busy getting prego, working full time and having a newborn. Now that I'm used to all that, why not deprive myself of more sleep and go back to school! I have enrolled in school at ASU. 5 years after graduating with a Bachelors in Psychology and minoring in Social Work - which I haven't got to use my major in the past 3 years (which I miss horibbly and will use once my kids are older). I thought about it and thought " I loved college!!!", but then I realized I loved the social aspects of college when I was single and had trillions of friends and things to attend, and the freedom of being on my own completely...this kind of college is going to be nothing like what I used to do! Anyways I have decided to put my creativity to use and do Graphic Design. So Starting winter semester I will be taking some major graphic design classes! I am really excited about it!
So bring on the long nights, tons of homework, and major amounts of stress!
I am so READY!

9 comments:

Mallory said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I am really happy for you! You get a gold star!

Anonymous said...

You go girl. I'm so excited for you.

Desiree said...

Ya, you just might be crazy. But hey, might as well if you are working there. Good luck lady!

Cierra said...

good for you! sounds like it will be super busy, but the courses at least sound fun!

Matt and Mandy said...

Good for you! I had intentions of doing the same, but had a 'surprise' baby instead, but I DO intend to finish someday. It's on the list. Good luck, and what a great major!

rachele and jordan said...

Wow you're so ambitious! I always thought I wanted to get a masters, but now that I've been out of school for awhile I don't want to go back to homework, writing papers, and tests. I guess I'm just being lazy. It's cool you're doing something you're interested in. Good luck with everything!

.Ang. said...

Wow!! I agree with Rachele, very ambitious!! Graphic design is such a great fit for you! Good luck with everything!!!

Noelle said...

That is awesome!! You'll do great! Kurt just got me photoshop CS4 for our anniversary! Can't wait to play with it and then we can talk shop!

Leah Remillet said...

Oh my gosh - you are going to be so awesome. Can I be your first client? I'm so excited to talk more about this. BTW - thank you for the comments on the photography blog, it mean a lot to me!