Pages

11.06.2009

A Crazy Week

So far these past few weeks have been crazy. Maybe it's because Brady is starting to become more attached to us, or the fact that he has become quite the mover and shaker or just that I feel that we are trying to take on the world every single day! It probably is all of the above and then add in the fact that we only have one car...it makes for quite a daily adventure that leaves us every night completely exhausted!

  • We had an achievement day activity and made these cute little turkeys for table decorations

  • Brady now has some crazy rash and it keeps getting bigger. The doctor told me to wait till saturday and see how it is...poor kid (pictures to come). Hopefully we can figure it out asap!

  • We had some friends over for dinner and it was fun getting to know some more new people. We just love the ward and how many couples are now here that are around our age, and how lately we have all become friends and all the young people (more the wives) have been doing lots together! All it took was everyone getting up the guts to go say high to each other and it's been so worth it!

  • I had relief society game night. We played Mexican Train Ride which I feel a little racist saying, but it was actually a ton of fun! I got to know a ton of the women in the ward, eat food and play a game that didn't require any brain effort!

  • James broke the vaccum a few weeks ago trying to fix it, I finally got a new one. I have been REALLY working hard these last two weeks to clip and use coupons and watching deals. So I saw that Target was giving $25 gift cards with a certain vaccum and it had gotten good ratings. Then I found a coupon for $20 mail in rebate for any bissel vaccum...sweet! I just got myself $45 dollars! Plus I had to go to CVS last night and pick up medicines and other misc. items. Using coupons saved me $5! I'm going to get the hang of this whole thing and am excited about all the money I'm going to save us!

  • We did dinner with James parents and sister and hubby monday night. It was fun. Then we all hit up Golden spoon for some frozen yogurt. I looove Golden Spoon. Every month in this coupon book we get in the mail they have a buy 1 get 1 free golden spoon coupon. I love it so much that last night I had to go drop off mail at our mail box, and there is a trash can right there for people to throw out all the junk mail. I totally started to search through it to check and see if anyone threw out the mailers with the golden spoon coupon! I know, I am embarassed to admit it, but I was laughing as I walked back home at how pathetic I am (don't worry I washed my hands REALLY well!) I was sad to see that other people must love coupons and golden spoon as well!

  • last but not least. I am happy to have a hubby who is a good example and puts me in place. I took off yesterday from work to stay home with my rashy baby. We cleaned, ran errands, took naps and played. Well James always wants things that are rather expensive. So for years he will save up money, from birthdays, christmas, and any extra that he finds...he saves and gets interest on it. He will save up for years and years to get somethings he really wants. So I have been doing the same thing...saving for years and years...because let's be honest...no materialist thing that you want (that you might not really need) is totally never worth being not so smart and going into debt over. Which I'll be honest...since being married...it's been a hard lesson to learn...not in the going into debt...but just not buying things you don't really need unless you have really saved up! Anyways...after quite a few years of saving...i finally was able to get the reward. I'm glad I have James who really teaches our little family good lessons and shows us what is important!
  • Thank goodness it's friday! can I say that! It's been crazy lately and James works ALL weekend (poor guy). Thanks babe for working so hard to provide for the family. I know it's been tough doing two jobs, but without you doing so great...who knows where we would be!

1 comments:

Mary Boyd said...

That really is a crazy week! I want Golden Spoon!