Pages

12.15.2009

O Christmas Tree

DSC_0387DSC_0368

DSC_0378DSC_0375

For some reason I just dislike putting up ornaments. Maybe it's because of all the time it takes, and getting everything out from storage, but I couldn't have a tree and lights without our beloved ornaments. I love our Christmas tree, I just want to sit in my snuggly rocking chair with hot chocolate and stare at it everyday. There is something peaceful and calming about it that I just love. Maybe because it's full of memories. I was afraid of Brady and ripping things off the tree, but he loves to just go sit infront of it and stare at it. Every once in a while he will touch a star ornament and watch it twirl, but he is just as mesmerized as I am. Every year since I was born my mom has given us an ornament. One to go over a highlight of the year. I have started to do that with Brady and James as well, so that we will have a tree full of great memories. These are my favorites though. The first is an Angel. My Great Uncle (who I juuuust adddore, everyone loved him). Died 2 years ago. We do Christmas morning at their house every year with ALL of my dad's family...there are a ton of people packed into their little house, eating breakfast, opening presents, catching up...it's fun. Well at the first Christmas without him we got these Angels. He is a huge woodworker and he had made these for everyone before he died. So we got these with a little poem to always remember him, and I will forever cherish this one so much! The second is James first ornament ever! I got him a duck after his first time when he went duck hunting, got one, and almost died in a lake because of it. It's a great memory to laugh about now (not so much in the moment). I'm grateful for my tree of memories and the many many more years to come of memories!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

OK....I'll go touch up my eye make~up now :(
The memories of Great Uncle "got to me". Such a heatwarming tribute to him. LOVE special ornaments such as yours. We have given a Godchild ornament to our first Goddaughter every year. This year I actually found a Precious Moments ornament that says GodDAUGHTER instead of "child"! I was so happy! Your tree is just lovely, I especially like the little "ornament" sitting in front gazing at it :)

Amy and Sam said...

My mom started that same tradition, and I (and by that I mean Santa) have carried it over to my children. They actually look forward to see what ornament Santa will bring them this year. And it is fun as they get older and get excited about putting their ornaments on the tree. I like the picture of Brady staring at the Christmas tree.