Pages

12.11.2009

So Delicious!

image and recipe found here

James and I LOVE panini's. We could eat them everyday, and lot's of them! We even got a Panini maker for a wedding present many years ago, and it's been used a lot! I found this recipe for Pesto Mayo and it's to die for! So here you go

{basil pesto}

ingredients
3 cloves garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves [stems removed]
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1 dash salt + pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated

directions
in a food processor, mince garlic next, add the basil leaves, pine nuts, and salt and pepper, run processor while the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feed tube until all ingredients are pureedstop the processor and scrape down the sidesnow add the parmesan cheese and mix it unto the rest of the mixturecover and refrigerate until ready to use keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge, but also freezes well.

1 part pesto to 3 parts mayo and whala!

4 comments:

Crystal & Brandon said...

girl i agree, i have a panini everyday that im home for lunch!!!! i love them. thanks for the recipe.

Noelle said...

I LOVE Panini's! I'm going to have to try this!

Meg said...

That sounds so good! I'm going to try that basil recipe.

Meg said...

ummm.. i mean pesto ;).