Pages

1.20.2010

BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

Picnik collage

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt (I used low fat) (CALLS FOR SOUR CREAM, BUT I ONLY HAD YOGART)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large, very ripe bananas
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, white sugar and brown sugar until well combined. In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, yogurt, vanilla and mushed bananas until mixed thoroughly. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients without over mixing. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and a tester inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack then serve with butter. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Those are my FAVORITE! Did you know that you can also substitute applesauce for veggie oil, for a healthier choice, and you can't even tell the difference. Something I learned not to long ago and feel like I should tell the world. YUM!

Melissa said...

you are quite the baker huh!? I really want to make those quadruple layered cookies, but I am so intimidated. It's seems like it would take so long, but I know it would be worth it. How long did they take you? I need motivation to make them.

Georges said...

Okay, I made this exact same recipe last week. I used all whole wheat flour though which gave them a more nutty flavor and more healthy too! I think the yogurt is the secret ingredient. It's on my keeper list.