I have decided getting older stinks. Nothing bad ever happen to me when I was young. I had my greatgrandma's around for a very long time. Then things started to get a little worse: My nana died when I was in college, my great uncle who was like a grandpa, and a few friends from high school died a few years ago. Then I got married and many friends started to have miscarriages, stillborns and other saddening things happen to them. Divorces, cancer, job loses...you name it, lately it seems like it is happening. I am constantly praying for a friend somewhere and the situation they are going through. What is it about growing up that makes life seem to be so hard. It stinks huh. I am though grateful for the gospel. All things that have happened to my friends, they have all been rooted in the gospel, and seem to come out ok from the tragedy. It could be because we believe that we will be reunited with our loved ones when we die, we are sealed with them for eternity, not just "till death do you part"...really, who wants to just be with those they love for that long? I am grateful for my friends and their strength and their incredible testimonies during hard times, it shows me that no matter what, we can all make it through hard times. So currently I'm praying for these two and I hope you can keep them in your prayers too!

In Hawaii we lived in a small community. So everyone knew everyone, and everyone loved everyone. When James and I were dating and engaged I lived in the house right infront of this little family. Their boys would wander over to our house all the time to play, eat snacks and just hang out and watch movies. Don't the Nortons make the cutest kids ever? Anyways. Natalie recently had her 4th boy...if anyone was meant to have all boys, it would be this girl. Gavin is having a hard time. Read here on her blog for more of their story. But please keep them in your prayers.
I love my friend Kally. She was Brady's first second mom. Her and her boys love Brady probably as much as I do. Her brother left for Afghanistan right after Thanksgiving. Recently he was hit by an IED and had lots of shrapnel that hit him. He had his left eye removed, several bones broken in his face and other injuries, he was just shipped to Germany and will hopefully be making it to Washington soon. There were four other men killed in the incident.
My heart goes out to the Nortons, the Hardings and the other families who have lost their sons in this incident. I hope they can feel all our prayers and love and that things will work out for the better!




1 comments:
I hate being an adult. This weekend some friends of ours lost their 9mo old son. He had been in the ICU for a week after a tumble in the tub. I just can't believe what they must be feeling. Some other friends of ours found out Dec 23 that their 8year old has an inoperable brain tumor, they also had a 3 week old son at the time they found out. Without treatment Ollie is expected to live only 3 mo, but radiation and chemo could give them another year together. I can't imagine having to make those kinds of decisions. At least we know that we can all be together in the end. I expect that in the moment that doesn't make things too much easier.
Post a Comment