Pages

2.24.2010

days can be great

There are some days where I "HAVE TO" stay home. Where a babysitter is sick, or all the kids are sick, or even B is sick or something else, that forces me to stay at home with my little crazy child. I love those days. I yearn for more of those days. I have a countdown (88 days from today) till I get to be a stay at home mom. Most of my friends are stay at home and they complain how they need to get away...let's just say...you have no idea how lucky you are to stay home with your kid and watch them grow up, to spend all day loving them, playing with them, dealing with their craziness...you are lucky lucky lucky!

Anyways so yesterday was one of those days where I had to stay home. It was a great day. How our day went.

6:30am we woke up...B is up most mornings at that time.
He came in bed with us and wrestled with daddy and laughed so hard, gave us lots of kisses and wrestled some more.
We ate breakfast together. He eats a bowl of oatmeal, the packet kind, a whole banana and then half of daddy's bowl of cheerios.

8:15am we take daddy to work, give him kisses and head home
One the way home we listen to "toddler tunes" brady dances and claps his hands during his favorite songs
we get home and play with trucks, i chase after him as he gets into everything and then by 8:50am Brady is down for his nap
He sleeps for two hours and during that time I get to work out (man that felt great), take a long shower, get ready for the day, make my to do lists, clean the kitchen, organize the toys and read my scriptures.

11:15am I hear b in his bed talking to himself and I just sit and listen for a bit till he starts yelling cause he wants out
I make him a snack, pack a lunch and get ready to run errands
- return some jeans I had bought that I hated
- grocery shopping
- get b his first hair cut (pictures tomorrow...man he is handsome)
- go check out some areas to take pictures this weekend for photoshoots
- rent a movie
- swings at the park since I promised and it was such a gorgeous day and b just wants to live outside these days, so i let him

1:30pm b goes down for a nap
- I make cookies for activity days, those i visit teach and work


- I watch THE SEPTEMbER ISSUE...amazing documentary. Ugh the fashion was to die for! I was in love. The stress of that lifestyle...loved that...i thrive under stress
- talked to my mom and sister while they were at lunch, wished i was in cali with them

3:15pm B wakes up
- go outside and drive in his car, but mostly just sit and watch the dogs at the dog park
- cut everything up and put in baggies to prepare later for dinner
- go to target to return a dress that makes me look like i have saggy boobs, buy brady a new huge red ball (the deacons popped his last one), bought him some elmo books that were in the dollar section (he loves elmo, i think it's just cause he loves the color red really), bought a new childrens cd cause I'm so sick of the ones we have...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? just walked around and enjoyed target. Found a rug I loved but was out of my budget, and some pillows that I feel bad for spending $50 total on...but just enjoyed walking around
- went to old navy and just walked around. I'm trying to find B church shoes (brown and navy) that are nice, not just sneakers like he always wears to church that don't cost more than $15 and are actually cute. I don't think they exsist!
- hung out at SIL house and let brady chase after the kids, fed him dinner
- J got home from work and we went home, I made dinner...it was delicious...recipe later this week. Learned preparing for dinner early makes life so much easier!


- watched THE MISSING...stressful movie, good but very stressful
- went to bed
Man, I wish i could do that everyday!

10 comments:

Cristina said...

Holland has those Elmo books from the dollar section too! She loves them....I was surprised they are only like 3 pages long though. I guess you get what you pay for :)

Your day sounds a lot like ours, except Brady still takes 2 naps. Enjoy it!

Desiree said...

That does sound like a great day. Stay at home mommies are lucky!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great and PRODUCTIVE day! I wish i could follow you around and learn from you. I need to be more productive like that!

Tim & Alicia said...

It's true, being a stay at home mom is the ideal life with kids. I suppose it makes me a bad mom, but if I could have 3 hrs, one afternoon a week all to myself, I would be a better mom. I soooo need some time right now.

As for music suggestions. We have children's albums by They Might Be Giants and Bare Naked Ladies. Ellia loves TMBG. Be for we even get in the car she is requesting to hear her favorites. We also have some Elizabeth Mitchell Albums, that are very folky, that aren't bad. Ellia likes the more crazy stuff, but when it is time to take it easy, we go for Elizabeth.

Melissa Carlile said...

I have been feeling this a lot lately. I don't really have any friends that work instead of staying at home. I feel soooooo isolated most of the time. I wish that I could stay home but it really isn't an option. I've been feeling "judged" a little too much lately. I am always amazed at what I can get done when I stay home for the day. I "have to stay home" tomorrow and I'm a little too excited about it. That's awesome that you get to stay home permantely in 88 days. Your working experience will make you more appericative of that opportunity. I have to admit, I'm very jealous!

Selma said...

Hey Erin!! That's great that you will be able to be stay-at-home mom soon! How exciting!

.Ang. said...

Sounds like a GREAT day!!! and very productive too!!

I remember when I had to go back to work when brylie was 9m old. It broke my heart! I didn't get to be a stay at home mom again until 2 months before we moved to Hawaii. (She was 3) stay at home moms are SO fortunate!

But I wouldn't mind getting away for a bit sometimes so I can remember how much i love it!

:)

You should check out Barenaked Ladies "Snacktime". It's a fun childrens album!

Anonymous said...

I Love staying home with Paisley...most of the time. ;) Everyonce in awhile I feel the need to get away and do something, anything...by myself. But it rarely happens and when It does, for some reason I feel guilt..what the heck! It is so fun though, I love seeing all the new things she learns everyday! Enjoy working though. I liked it the past few months, I felt like I was really contributing in a different way than just making sure Paisley was alive and healthy! Thanks for this post! Sometimes we forget the little things in life!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

For children's music....RAFFI is my all time favorite! I was obsessed when I was little, and a few years ago I got all the cds for my day-care kids, surprisingly I still love him!....and now I can't wait for Ruby to get to enjoy them! You could buy them off Amazon, I just got them used, that way they're dirt cheap.

Unknown said...

Wow, look how productive you were! Now I don't feel so bad for being sick...cause you and Brady had a great day together! My day consisted of nothing so productive...bleh.