Pages

2.03.2010

Question for the Mama's

Firstly: Brady loves drinking out of our grown up cups and sippy cups but more so for juice and water. He likes having his milk in bottles. Especially since he wakes up at 6:30 am wanting milk and then going back to sleep for awhile. did you take your child off the bottle at 1 year? What is the difference really between that and a sippy cup?

Secondly: when I google baby bottle images this is one of the ones that popped up. It went with an article in business week that said this
"These days, you can buy baby-bottle nipples in dozens of shapes. Going one step further, Design Continuum is developing a customized nipple – custom-made based on a 3-D scan of the mother's breast. The bottle is oriented to allow a baby to better nuzzle against the mother's cradling arm, promising a position more similar to a natural breast-feeding pose than bottles currently available. The design firm does not yet have plans to bring the Imprint Custom Nipple to market, though it continues to research the idea."

HILLARIOUS! I'm pretty sure babysitters would feel so awkward feeding babies now, even more than before having to give them some ladies breastmilk!!!

4 comments:

Cierra said...

oh my GOSH! this is way too funny for me because when i was home in cali, my sister started joking about pacifiers and how she should become rich making molds of mom's nipples. but then she said it would be awkward because everyone would know exactly what your nipple looks like! haha i am going to send the article to my family!

Mary Boyd said...

I always wanted the Adiri Natural Nurser Baby Bottle. It's $11.00 and has a breast like nipple, but at least it doesn't look like a nipple. That is too funny. I always tried to get the boys off a bottle by 1 and off a sippy cup by 2. It is easier to potty train and they eat more substantial food when they are not sucking on a bottle or sippy cup all day long.

Cristina said...

We tried the Adiri bottles with Holland and she wanted nothing to do with them!

And she stopped using the bottle right at 12 months. We switched to the sippy and the straw cup because we didn't want her to get attached to just one thing. It was a really easy transition. I'm sure Brady will love his "big boy" cups!

.From Her. said...

Well, J was addicted to his bottle. Same story: loved sippy cups to play with, but not for actual milk/nurishment. When he was about 15 months, we went to Utah, and I just never gave him a bottle ever again. It was the only thing that worked. I think that it was such a new place, he just assumed that sippy cups were the only option. HA!

Hugh has never used a bottle, and only sippy cups, because of that very reason :) HA!! I really had to try a million different kinds of sippy cups, but I am very happy with the one we found (it's most like a boob; let's be honest), and I just weaned him last week! HOORAH.