

Louisville, Kentucky
It will be happening sometime in June
I will be honest. I was rooting for Oregon cause I already have a ton of friends with kids living there or near there, it's on a coast, it's closer to my family, James has lived there before..the list could go on. But then I decided I was ok not living there cause I saw pictures of how dark it is there for like 6 months of the year...I would die. Not that this was my decision at all. James interviewed at both schools, but in the end decided that he liked Kentucky way better. The people were a lot friendlier (is that a word) there and more warm and fuzzy and genuine and he didn't get that at all at Oregon. So here we come Kentcuky. We go out next month to go house hunting and for me to see the area since I have only been to Newport, Kentucky. But seriously you really can't go wrong back there, it's so pretty and we will be only 2 hours from James parents and all the states are so close I can go visit friends in the states around the area! I'm a little nervous about making new friends, especially when the mormon community doesn't seem huge there and lately I hate starting over and making new friends. It's like the last 6 month of hawaii we made the best of friends that I miss terribly, and finally we have been making great friends in Arizona and now I have to start all over. I guess it will be good that for once in 9 years I will be living somewhere longer than 2 years! So here is to the future Adventures and becoming true rednecks, I'm sure a life long dream of James ;)




8 comments:
uh oh....don't read my blog today. I have nothing nice or encourageing to say about that dark weather you are worried about. Sorry :)
but still - it sounds like a really fun place to move. Pat has spent a lot of time there and he says it is awesome.
one of my really good friends here in Akron is from there and is always going back and forth....I should set you up with her friends!
Crazy the places life will take you huh! I never thought I'd live in Virginia, and soon Florida! You guys will make friends so quickly-you have nothing to worry about!
I think it sounds like a fun change! I've always wanted to live in the South. The seasons will be amazing!
We have some friends in dental school in Louisville too! You'll probably end up in their ward or something.
http://brittanycurfew.blogspot.com/
Congrats!
haha I love the last line. A lifelong dream of James'. Haha I was thinking the same thing. It will be fun to dress up for the derby and wear a big hat.
I'm sad that you won't be coming to Oregon but I bet it feels so good to know where you'll be. What adventures you'll have :)
yay, congrats on the big decision!! that's so great! and i agree, you guys can make friends anywhere you go...you're just loveable people! so don't worry...plus, cute brady will attract plenty of friends for you i'm sure!
when do you guys move? we'll be back in Az for a visit towards the end of june, any chance you'll still be around? If so we should meet up and do dinner or something fun!
I bet Kentucky will be so fun. I hear it's beautiful.
Post a Comment