Pages

3.02.2010

Marathon Running Advice please


So I got talked into doing a run. The Pat Tillman 4 mile run here in AZ. A bunch of people in our ward are doing it, James is on a excersise kick and wants me to do it with him. Cause I usually give in to what he asks, I decided I try it out. I rarely run. When I do It's usually a mile, sometimes if I'm feeling amazing it's 1 1.2 miles. So for all of you who have done any sort of marathon training I need help. I have 7 weeks to prep myself.

oh and ps: I would just like to say how proud I am of my husband and all his hard work, long hours of studying, filling out paperwork, working 2 jobs, and biking to work. You are amazing! Thanks for always finding a way to help provide for our
family and make it a little easier on me!
pps: the bachelor party was a hit last night, I'm sure neighbors hate us. Pics to come! ugh I can't believe Jake picked the tranny with the lazy eye! I always didn't really like Jake because he was WAY to emotional, and something about his smile makes me want to punch him...but now I really hate him. Oh well, tenley is better off without him! And really, who wants to see him on DWTS...probably nobody! Can't wait for Molly and Jasons wedding next week even though I hated jason too. No hubby runs to his son like that and tackles him EVERYTIME he sees him. Excited to see Ali and the men that come on the show soon!

6 comments:

Katie OB said...

i feel like i could have written that last part of your post about the Bach - UUUUUGHHHHH I think i hated Jason more than Jake even. The running to his son thing just killed me. I would turn the channel. ha ha

As far as marathon training goes - I would suggest a whole new mix of really good music and then just run run run as far and as long as you can. It gets better after a week or two of regular runs. good luck!

Unknown said...

Don't increase your mileage or pace too much at the beginning. Increase slowly....maybe one mile the first week, then 1.5 miles the next week, then 2, etc. Also, make sure you are properly fitted with running shoes. It makes a huge difference! Last, don't run every day. Running is very hard on your body, so make sure you give your legs a rest every other day or so.

Desiree said...

Love your bachelor rant. Totally agree!! As for advice on the running thing...my advice: don't do it! lol. I would rather be on an elliptical than run any day. Good luck!!

rachele and jordan said...

You're going to love the race! And 4 miles is a good distance to start with. The main thing about training for a race is to be consistent. Run a couple days a week and do one day of a longer run. And just keep upping those a little each week until it's race time. You'll do awesome and you may even like running after this!

Jana and Rob said...

I agree with you on the Bachelor! We hated Jason but watched the show anyway. We hated Jake so we didn't watch it this season-the first time in 5 seasons we didn't watch. We saw his proposal though. I've heard a lot of people don't like his choice. Good luck with the marathon. I've always wanted to do one but never been motivated enough.

Amy Rex said...

Yah, a good running mix and running shoes are key! I got custom insoles too and they are helping a lot! Also, I would say that every week you could probably increase your mileage by .5 or so. And I also only run tues and thurs and I do the stationery bike or a jillian michaels dvd mon, wed, fri to give my joints a rest. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!!! :)