This tastes exactly like the same soup at Panera! It is so dang good!
2 bunches fresh broccoli (I add extra for my husband)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 flour
4 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 cups grated cheddar
6 chopped small red potatos
Cook broccoli and potato just until tender. Do not overcook. Drain and cut into small pieces; set aside. Saute chopped onion in the 1/4 cup butter; set aside. In a large saucepan or soup pot prepare a white sauce; melt the 1/2 cup butter over medium heat, then stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in milk, chicken broth, and salt. Stir constantly until mixture reaches a boil. Cook 1-2 mintues until thickened. Add broccoli, potato and onion. Stir in cheese. Cook briefly over medium heat. Avoid bringing to a boil. Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat. Makes 6-8 servings.




4 comments:
Yum!
Thank you!! I've been looking for a good broccoli cheese soup recipe and I LOVE the one at Panera so I am VERY excited about this :)
Oooh this sounds delicious... where did the potatoes come into play???
wow I am dumb... just read the first few words and there is the potato.. haha thanks! I am trying this tonight!
Post a Comment