Pages

5.28.2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars


Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chunks
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional – I left these out)

Preheat oven to 375. Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside. Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla till fluffy and add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts. Press into a greased 9×13 inch pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until light golden brown. I have also doubled the recipe and pressed into a large sheet pan (11X17) with great results.
{cooks note}
Do not overbake these. If anything, underbake slightly for the best results. Next time I would add walnuts and coconut to make it more yummy! These were delish and everyone who had them last night loved them!
From : My Kitchen Cafe

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These were soooo good! Thanks so much! I am afraid to try this recipe cause I'm afraid I won't be able to make them as good as yours! I guess you'll just have to make more next week huh! Ha ha!
PS...I am definitely willing to be a taste tester on the walnut and coconut version! :)