Pages

5.19.2010

Thinking about this the last few days:

I'm convinced that someone will always hate you,
and that it shouldn't really matter.
I'm convinced that for every 100-200 people who love you,
there is at least 1 who just won't.
Maybe they just don't understand you.
Maybe they just don't believe in, or are threatened by,
the things you represent.
Maybe they are simply misguided.
Maybe they are just mean.
or selfish.
or just loudmouthed and insensitive.
Whatever it is . . . it really doesn't matter.
Someone always will.
misunderstand you.
neglect to appreciate your efforts.
have an opinion about the way you cho0se to live.
feel threatened by the things you represent.
or just plain HATE you
for one inexplicable reason or another.
But again, it doesn't really matter.
it really doesn't.
the thing I'm baffled by is this. . .
WHY do we (myself included) focus all our time and energy on the
ONE person that is giving us grief?
Why not the HUNDRED who love, support, celebrate and sustain us?
I'm convinced that someone will always hate you,
and that it shouldn't really matter.
_________________________
and in case you haven't heard it a while,
I want you to know. . .
I love you.
I think you're wonderful.
I appreciate your efforts.
I am cheering you on.
I am your number 1 fan.
I think you can, I think you can,
I.think.you.can.
In fact,
I know you will.
mwa!
xx,
me
{thanks nat!}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this the other day too. I am way too guilty of that. I spend way too much time thinking about the people that I don't think like me.

Unknown said...

Amen to this!
ps...I totally don't hate you ;)

Amy Rex said...

What a great thought. It is totally true! Every once in a while we all need something like that to give us a boost. Thanks!

P.S. I believe in you! :)

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Hey, I love you :)