Ingredients:
- 1 large squash, chopped and seeded.
- 1 medium size onion
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (I like LOTS of flavor, but you can always add less nutmeg)
- Pepper for taste
Directions:
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Softened chopped onion with butter in a large soup pan.
- Once onion is softened, add chicken broth, chopped squash and nutmeg to the pan.
- Cook on med-high until squash is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Blend the squash and onions in a blender. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Add blended squash back to soup pan and pour in cream.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Take off heat, add pepper for taste.
My husband even added broccoli to his!
Eat and enjoy!



1 comments:
We got 16 butternut from our garden this summer. I have been trying to use one a week, and try new recipes. This soup is so yummy! I've used butternut in place of pumpkin in choc chip pumpkin bread, and last night we had a butternut corn chowder. It was really good!
Post a Comment