Pages

9.27.2011

We're havin a baby picture overload

Friday night my sister Kristen, sister in law Katie and I go to see "I don't know how she does it" (SUPER CUTE MOVIE). I come home and decide to take some castor oil. My sister only has a few more days in town and I don't want her to miss the birth. My doctor last minute decided not to induce me so I was going to take matters into my own hands to make sure baby girl came over the weekend! I downed 1 cup of orange juice mixed with 2 teaspoons of castor oil. I didn't get any side effects and I really don't think it worked.
Saturday morning 5:30am. I wake up having super intense contractions 1-2 minutes apart. I get up and read till 7am watching them and they are very consistent and getting stronger. I wake up james. Poor guy, didn't want to wake up! We shower, pack our bags and wake up my sister and sister in law to let them know the news.
CIMG3361CIMG3363
9am we get to triage and I am 3 cm dialated. I'm just glad they didn't send me home. James wanted pics of me during contractions to get the whole effect. And our last pic of the belly cause we were going to miss it (not really).
DSC_0252DSC_0254
10:45am - 80% effaced and dilated to a 6. I decide to get an epidural then. My sister and Katie and Brady come to visit. Brady is bored and is unsure about me with all these tubes in a bed. He was a little scared for a bit, till I showed him how cool my bed was (that ended up being a big mistake!!!).
CIMG3364CIMG3370CIMG3369DSC_0270DSC_0263
love this pic of James! he can sleep anywhere!
DSC_0271
1pm - my nurse broke my water. I loved Vicki!
In laws came down, everyone went to Chik-fil-a and then ate in front of me! Horrible when you can't eat till you give birth ;)
2:40pm - started having the kind of contractions that make you want to push
3:15pm - dilated to a 10
3:40pm - started to push
4:20 - baby born
DSC_0282
It was nice to have a normal delivery where James could do the rite of passage as a Dad ;) I'm glad she ended up being smaller than what the ultrasound tech said. My Dr. in Arizona was right in saying "we don't really know the size, it's just a guess"
DSC_0291DSC_0293DSC_0302
my sister after watching her first birth. Good thing it was easy, hopefully it will make her want to have kids soon (hint, hint)
DSC_0335
My in Laws drove down and arrived around 12ish so my Mother in Law was also able to be in the delivery room.
DSC_0339DSC_0300
Brady did so well with his sissy and kept giving her kisses and wanted to hold her constantly! It was pretty precious.
DSC_0331
DSC_0334
I'm thankful for technology that rocks. We got to chat with my parents right after the birth so that they could see the baby too.
CIMG3386DSC_0349DSC_0375
Isn't she just precious?!
IDSC_0370
my friend Brittany came to visit, and then later my friend Jocelyn came to visit too
DSC_0379CIMG3392
All in all, this was a WAAAY easier birth. Less than 12 hours from start to finish...awesome! Had an episiotomy but it was far less horrible than the first time around. Thank goodness she had a smaller head than her brother! After this birth I see why people have no problem delivering a lot of kids. I would do this birth experience 100x again!

7 comments:

Shawndel said...

What? Now? Yay!!

T n T said...

I thought you just one?

Amy Rex said...

Erin, You look so casual and relaxed and pretty.. of course. Way to go! I am so happy for you and your cute little family... you make me want to have babies!

Miss you!

jamie t. said...

I am so glad that this time around was so much better! What a sweet little girl.

Barratt Family said...

she is so beautiful!!! I said the same thing after my second baby, it was so much easier!!!

Barratt Family said...

she is so beautiful!!! i said the same thing with emma, it is so much easier the second time!

Jana and Rob said...

I'm glad it was so easy for you. You look great and she is beautiful.