Pages

9.12.2008

Who knew 5 letters could anger people so much!

DRAMA

Geeze. I blog stalk. I'll admit it, but through that I find: people who I wish I could be friends with cause I know we would hit it off, design tips, great sales, websites, fashion, and everything else that makes my life a little wonderful. There is a girl I've met through blog stalking and a mutual friend that has had to deal with this blog. You will have to read through hers, but she isn't very nice and says it's because of everyone Mormon and their perfect life. Which let's be all honest, we all have days where we and our hubby's don't see eye to eye, our kids are out of control, we feel chubby, have issues with friends and family. We all are normal, but maybe some of those things we don't want to share with everyone, just those closest to us. But I thought, how sad that a blog would be mean and cause sooo much drama.
I feel like that is life lately. I feel consumed with it many times. When does it go away? You thought after high school that YAY it's over! No more catty and mean girls! It's all going to be easy and breezy. What a lie. I even thought that would more happen when I was married, because you already have your man and family and shouldn't have time to be a meany, but that was a lie too!
I wish all women could just get along and not be such brats. Not always compare ourselves to each other, and hate one another because we are jealous or have felt wronged somehow. I wish we would just talk and communicate instead of backstabbing, talking behind each others backs, or hating one another just because she gave you "a look". When will that happen? I hope those who read this can seriously look at their own lives and see if they are being one of those types of girls. Maybe if we work on ourselves now, we will help set the example for others...and at least somehow someday we won't be surrounded by such mean girls. Maybe it's a great dream to have, but lately that is what I need or else I'm going to pull my hair out!

10 comments:

Katie M said...

I read about all this craziness too.

It sucks how the Internet can bring out the worst in people. I do agree with this woman that there is a "comparison culture" amongst Mormon women that blogging feeds into. Everyone wants to portray perfection on their blogs. As far as mocking that perfection? It's a fine line. I think seriouslysoblessed is hilarious and gives me a good perspective sometime. But targeting one person? Not so cool.

Thanks for your two cents!

p.s. Owen is the cutest name!

Noelle said...

I too recently learned drama doesn't end in high school. My sister who's almost 30 is having drama with "friends" who are older than her. No matter how old some people are, they are still immature!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

What blog were you looking at?

Matt and Mandy said...

haha, I wondered the same thing! Hope it wasn't mine :) And no, the drama doesn't go away. There is drama with neighbors, property lines, pets, kids, other people's kids, etc. I think your approach to 'rise above' is about the only thing that you can do. If you aren't out causing drama, maybe those who are will leave you alone. Maybe I'll try that approach, too.

Melissa said...

that was really mean of the jensen, whatever that blog is called. if she doesn't like it, don't read it. She doesn't need to make fun of people no matter how she feels about them.

geeze, I'd say DRAMA!

I really was kidding about the sling thing. I actually don't really expect more than touristy types to buy them, they're made of aloha print.

I don't want o buy your sling, don't worry. I'm just curious about who makes it and the other kinds they make, I've NEVER seen a sling like that. It's very cute, but the only thing I can think of is that it might hurt on the shoulder because the shoulder part is so thin. But it's still probably worth it...
anyways can you link me to the bag? I just want to check them out.

Melissa said...

thanks

Drew and Kat said...

Did you find her blog from my links?!! Everything you said is so true...it's so crazy what came out of people!

Anonymous said...

Erin - don't spend your time even thinking of people like that - they're not worth it. You have a great life and that can bring out jealousy in people! Love your blog - and I like the name Owen for your little one. Take care, Cathy

Ryan and Megan said...

Erin Erin Erin, I mean it when I say that your blog is probably my favorite blog to read. I love how you keep it up so frequently and I love all of your content. Keep it up because I love it!

Anonymous said...

Not to be all jr. high or anything but you look like you have gotten fat. But I really like your blog.