Pages

6.01.2009

This is my journal

I used to be AMAZINg at keeping journals. I'm sure I have over 15 full from over the years. But since getting married and having a kid I still am writing in the same journal...sad.
So I use this as my journal.
I can use it where I share some of my feelings, the rest that everyone doesn't need to know goes to James - lucky chap. I feel like I have a right to share my feelings, because they are my feelings and no one should be offended by my feelings. So here I go
This might be a long post, so feel free to skip!
Many know that we are trying to get into Dental School. This is James second time applying, and he is preparing to apply for a 3rd time. We have been having a hard time with finding out all our friends getting into dental school because james had Straight A's and the same DAT scores as many of them. We have learned that if James had applied as an Arizona Resident Oregon would have accepted us. We are still waiting to hear from Midwestern, but I've kinda lost hope...plus I would rather go to Oregon where the summers don't feel like I'm in Hell. ;) Except the plus is I'm 5 hours from home, so I will be going there A LOT this summer to play at the beach and with my parents and sister and her hubby! So first we have been dealing with that
Second my Friday babysitter unexpectantly quit on me. Awesome. I've contacted everyone I know that lives close and either they can't or everyone has jobs, who knows how in this market...because everyone else I know is losing theirs. Such is our luck. With that comes the fact that we will have to pay someone, which means less $ in the bank, which equals less of everything else, which equals stress! LOTS OF IT. It makes me sad too to have to even stress about a babysitter, My job is good, but I hate being away from my baby. I get an hour or less with him in the morning and then maybe 3 hours in the evening with him. That stinks. But you do what you gotta do.
Saturday night we watched Seven Pounds. Everyone who told me it was a lame movie was WRONG! It was amazing. I bawled, probably that plus everything else that has been happening the past 2 weeks just added up and let loose. It was an amazing movie about sacrafice and how good things come to good people. James and I lay in bed that night talking, figuring out a Plan B, me apologizing about being negative nancy, and a great other things. I treasure those talks in bed when it's quiet and cool (we are on this new thing where we can only use AC between 8pm and 1pm...it's killing me) and relaxing. Lately even though I realize that our situation stinks (I've left out a lot because I can write that somewhere else) that it's not that bad. I have a healthy family, we both have jobs, we have a roof over our head, we have amazing friends who will be BFF's for life thanks to TVA, we are able to eat meals everyday, our baby finally rolled over (which I was sooo worried he was going to do it when I wasn't around, that would have made me bawl), so life isn't that bad. Even though I complain a lot to my husband and sometimes to my Heavenly Father I am grateful. Sunday talks were mostly about Trials and Tribulation in Sacrament and Sunday School...obviously James and I needed it. I know that we will be blessed, that things will work out, that I need to relax a little.
So I'm working on being a better sport, being nicer, trying to stress less, find creative hobbies to keep me busy and maybe bring some extra mooola into our home, enjoy the time I do have with my husband and baby, it might not be a lot, but we try to make the most of it. I can't wait to look back 20 years down the road and laugh at how hard it was sometimes, and get to share the same poor/hard life stories that our parents shared with us. So one day when my kids read this I want them to know that I had Faith in our Heavenly Father that something would work out, maybe not what we had planned, but something will, that we are still very blessed and everyday we remind ourselves of the great things in our life (thanksgiving isn't the only day we should think about this), and all that matters is we are surviving, happy, healthy and loving our little family of 3 unconditionally! So now we just wait and see, wait and see....
(note: thanks for lunch breaks to share my feelings)

14 comments:

Shanae said...

I am sorry you are struggling, it's not fun to go through the hard times. If you move to Oregon you will be closer to us :) We will probably be moving there in Jan. I loved the movie Seven Pound as well, how can you not ? Heavenly Father will bless you, the hardest part is just letting it happen on his time.

LOVE YOU MISS YOU
You are in my prayers

Kim's just sayin' said...

I loved that movie. seriously, it was so amazing. I also love that you are so willing to see that you have blessings even when life is hard. It's so great to have a testimony of the gospel in times like this.

hope things work out sooner than later!!

ps I can't believe you are actually tturning off your ac in Phx. how are you still alive?!?!

Adrienne said...

wish we lived closer so i could help watch brady. he and maddie could be buddies. good luck with the dental school thing. so frustrating! i'm sure something will work out and you guys will be right where you need to be.

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I wish we were there in AZ to hang out with you guys all the time. So sorry you are having hard times... That just means the blessings will start flowing soon :) Hang in there! Love you guys!!!!!!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I wish we were there in AZ to hang out with you guys all the time. So sorry you are having hard times... That just means the blessings will start flowing soon :) Hang in there! Love you guys!!!!!!

Noelle said...

Ohh I know exactly what you mean! I'm SO sorry you're going through all of this. I really wish I could be there to help you out with Brady. At times like these you really need to count the blessing you do have - like you said- to help you forget what you don't have and need. We'll be praying for you! Love and miss you guys!!

stef j. said...

sorry erin. i know what a huge stressor it is to have baby-sitters fall through and worrying you'll miss something in their little lives.

i think you have a good perspective, and like everyone has said, the blessings will come. and seriously, don't we have SO MUCH to be grateful for!

Katie OB said...

It sounds like you guys have all the right pieces in place...they just need to come together. With straight A's and good test scores something will work out sooner or later. If there is one thing I have learned it is that what you plan - rarely happens as planned and somehow things always turn out for the best.Good things happen to good people! hang in there :)

Amy and Sam said...

Erin, I really like the blog. I'm learning so much about you. Like how you want to punch people so much. HaHa. Anyway, thanks again for having us over on Sunday, we really enjoyed it. I really wish I could help out with the babysitting. Almost makes me want to quit my job. We would love to watch Brady sometime if you ever need a date night.

Brent said...

It is such a stressful time, but if you have faith, everything will work out. Brent and I always look back at the hard times and know that they helped us grow closer. This is a great opportunity for you and James, even though it may not seem like it now!

Tim & Alicia said...

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't working out as planned. I actually know others in this same situation. Seems like everyone is trying to get into dental school right now. I still think you should apply to Iowa... I know some great babysitters there!

Meg said...

I'm sorry that things are a little rough right now. It's so hard to not know how your future is going to go. We are in that boat too, Trent just started going back to school and will be applying to different programs in january. It's hard, have faith that things will work out the way they should in the end. Hang in there!

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan and Megan said...

I'm pretty sure that we are some of the friends your referring to that didn't like 7 pounds, that movie made me want to slit my writs. (sorry) It's so funny how people can have different experiences with the same thing- but I'm glad you liked it!!. :)

So yeah, it really doesn't make any sense at all about dental school, James is so ridiculously qualified. It makes me mad thinking about it so I can't imagine how hard it is for you guys. He'll eventually be the best dentist ever though (don't tell Ryan I said that) :) We love you guys and miss you like crazy, can't wait to see you this summer! (hopefully)