This morning was just horrible! First of all I had to stay up late making brownies for work, realized at 11:45pm that I was almost out of powder sugar and had to run to the store, so I didn't get much sleep. Then James didn't want to ride his bike to work this morning and woke me up to take him. We get in the car and Brady stinks, seriously stinks...but as we keep going the smell gets worse and worse and he is crying in his car seat (which he never does). Ugh. So I get back home and pull him out of his car seat...he has poo all up his back and ALL OVER THE CAR SEAT and it reeks! I hold him out like im utterly disgusted with him, hoping no one comes out of their place and sees brady's back. I get him in the tub, wipe him down, give him a bath, start the wash. Go downstairs to grab the car seat...seriously I was so frustrated with the car seat and it took forever to get unbuckled!!! Take it upstairs and start wiping the poo off it. I can't figure out how to get the fabric off his big kid car seat, so I'm just going to have to leave it till I get home tonight (something to look forward to after a long day of working!). I realize crap it's 7:20. I try to finish the brownies as fast as possible. Brady is crying because he just wants to be snuggled (he must have been mortified after pooing all over himself and his seat...i would be!). 7:40 and I'm not even close, should have been out the door awhile ago! I barely change my shirt, get dressed, put my hair up in a pony tail (which now with short hair is incredible hard and I look like a depressed housewife), grap random foods for brady to take to the babysitter and run out the door.
I have been pooed on in church wearing a white skirt, pooed on many times at home when he was little and their poo is GROSS, now poo in the car seat, my car now reaks of poo and I have to go do tons of poo laundry! I was suuuuper late to work, look like a wreck, but at least my brownies were a hit!
Oh and sunday as I'm talking to a lady who is oogling brady, he spits up half his bottle all down the front of me and him...down to the inside of my shoe...seriously...
Glamorous...can't wait to share these stories with him when he is older...he owes me
12.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh man, thanks for making me feel better about my day! It's days like that where I end up crying and then start laughing in hindsight. And if you look like a depressed housewife with your short hair ponytail, I can only IMAGINE what I must look like almost every day, haha! You're a great mom!
You poor thing. Days like that are the worst! Hope the rest of it was better and you were able to enjoy some of the brownies :)
Your hair looks great, by the way!
I hope tomorrow is better for you!!! Good luck!!
I am sorry...but I am laughing! I totally know how those days are! And just a little tip (from a stay at home hair stylist) about short hair pony tails...low is better! Also good to keep head bands and bobby pins for ponies. Stick a head band in and *voila* instant glamour! Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day!
grrrr. I hate days like that. I'm sure your brownies where wonderful. Erin you are a super women, i love reading your blog. You inspire me. I hope tomorrow is better.
I guess there is no going back for me at this point huh? lol, jk. Looking forward to things like this. N't
This sounds extremely frustrating. My mom likes to say: "Aww, the joys of motherhood!" But I bet you rocked him before bed and the day seemed a bit better...right? I always feel a ton better after rocking Paisley a bit before bed..just cuddling and falling asleep seems to make things better...atleast till the next day... ;) Your brownies do look great by the way!
pwa ha ha hAA!! oh man, i love motherhood.
Post a Comment