Pages

2.16.2010

I Love Blogs!

There are a few reasons lately that I REALLY love blogs.

1. I have had a lot of friends going through some hard things, battles with cancer, losing babies (why is that happening to so many people lately), divorces and other things. Blogs have become people's therapy. It has been amazing to feel like I'm on these emotional roller coasters with people and then people I don't even know (like nienie). Blogs really bring strangers so close together and really help us all show love to one another. I know sometimes anonymous people will write mean comments (why i don't let anonymous people leave comments these days), but for the most part everyone writes words of hope to other strangers. It gets the word out so fast about those going through tragedies and really helps us to come closer and to me, really helps my testimony, helps me pray way more and have more faith that people can be nice and loving rather that mean and heartless. I just love how blogs let us into so many people's lives and help us realize that we aren't alone in struggles, that other people go through hard things too and that we are truly loved by many and can show our love to people without it being creepy. Who doesn't love that kind of thing?!

2. Blogs give you connections. So even after James was accepted to Oregon (so proud that after 2 years...our 3rd time of trying we got into both the top schools on your list babe) James still decided that Kentucky would be a better fit for us. Which I'm now realizing is true. I have seen that we are not very far from many of our friends on the east coast and that we are going to have many great adventures road trippin to Chicago, Philly and other fabulous places!!! Anyways, so when I had talked about us going my friend Katie (you should read her blog, she is hilarious) emailed me and told me she had friends going to dental school there and gave me their blog. So I left a comment on the girls blog and asked her to email me. Well hoping that she didn't think I was crazy, she totally emailed me back and was so sweet and even offered to show us around when we go out in a few weeks. I have an instant friend when I move out there and am so thrilled. It's so nice that people due to blogs have become so nice and open and helpful.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys connected! We lived in the same apartment complex in Provo with them. Even though we only knew them for a couple months, we thought they were the coolest. Good luck with house hunting and such!

.Ang. said...

wanna hear a funny story??

Once upon a time Mike and I found out we were getting into TVA at BYUH. We didnt' know anything about it so we googled "TVA BYU HAWAII BLOGSPOT" and the William's blog came up.

from that Blog we found the Jones, and YOU!!! Mike said "I think we would get along with people like this, they like the same sort of music as us and they look really cool"

His first day here he saw "The big guy from the blog" (aaron) he lived in the same building, then he found out Derek was in our bishopric then he learned that YOU guys were in our ward too!.

and the rest is history!

I love blogs as well.

what are the changes we'd end up being so closely linked to the people from that very blog that we found when we googled TVA?

I'm pretty sure it was a miracle!

Ryan and Megan said...

I love blogs too- but yours is easily my favorite!!!

Unknown said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!! Come visit us in Chicago and we can boogy!!! Seriously.

And I love blogs for all the same reasons you do too! I just love feeling connected.

Monica Rai said...

I so agree! Linking the once alienated and alone is such a blessing...it's been so great for my own depression because no matter how sure I am that I'm completely alone in my pain, others honesty comes SMACK upside my head and testifies that indeed, I am absolutely not. I love you, EP!!!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! It makes me feel not so sad about the fact that you are leaving...at least I will still get to see B grow up...man, I'm gonna miss him...