Ingredients for Marinade:2 TB Black Bean Garlic Sauce / or dried black beans (found in the international part of grocer)
Grated Fresh Ginger (the size of your thumb)
2 Tb Sesame Oil
A glug of Soy Sauce
A glug of Olive Oil
Put all the ingredients together, I like to grate the ginger, since I think it helps to infuse the fish much more than if it was chopped, plus its easier to eat in grated form instead of in matchsticks. My husband hates ginger and this is one way that he doesn't have to chew it. Put your fish in a dish and coat all side of the fish with the marinade than pour most of it on the fish, remember to reserve some to put on your asparagus (a couple tablespoons should be plenty).
After marinading for at least 20 minutes, heat up a pan and pour a bit of olive oil into it. Once the pan gets smoking hot place your fish into it and don't move it. Once the fish has achieved a nice crust on one side you can flip it. After I take the fish out I immediately put in the chopped asparagus and quickly saute it with the remaining marinade. You can add a splash of water to help the vegetable get tender, just not too much as it can turn soggy quickly.
Thats it, a quick meal that takes a little to marinade but under 10 minutes to the table. I served it with white rice but we have had it with wild rice or brown rice. Whatever you have in the pantry.



1 comments:
I love salmon and have been looking for another way to prepare it. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment