Pages

4.01.2010

A Great Cause

{this is from my moms co-worker, they asked me to post this to help out, take time to read it and pass it on!}

Hi Everyone!
I wanted to let you all know about a couple guilt-free shopping opportunities! Woohoo!!! (Guys, don't quit reading! This is a great opportunity to buy something for the women in your lives!) The reason they're guilt-free is because the money will be going to a VERY good cause. A friend of mine has a baby, Daylon, who was born with JEB (I'm not going to spell out the long name but you can read more about it in the newspaper article I've attached). He was only given a year or less to live -- he's now 9 months old. Miraculously he was recently chosen for a new procedure which may provide a cure for his rare condition. Daylon will be the first person in the world with his condition to receive this treatment and will make medical history! But the treatment is extremely expensive!!! You can help make a miracle for Daylon just by shopping! :) So here's what's going on:

* www.servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com is holding an auction April 27th-April 29th and ALL proceeds will go to Daylon. Go to their website and check out all the cute items. Maybe you can buy a bunch of gifts to give away during the year .... birthdays, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc. And get something cute for yourself too!

* I'm hosting a Cookie Lee jewelry party on May 12th and the Cookie Lee consultant I'm working with will donate 75% of the profits to Daylon. Cookie Lee has REALLY cute jewelry. Another great opportunity to buy some gifts and something for yourself! I've attached a flyer that has information about the party or how you can order stuff online if you live too far away or just can't make it that day. If you order on-line have your orders in by May 12th. Oh, here's the website (just in case the attachment doesn't go through): www.cookielee.biz/ConnieAllred.

See, I told you, guilt-free shopping!!! Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like to shop, especially for myself, and even I'm going to buy some stuff!!!

So get shopping! Splurge!! Have fun and HELP MAKE A MIRACLE!!

Also, there's a great newpaper article in the Press Enterprise about Daylon, his family and his condition. It's a great article so check it out. I've attached it to this email, or you can try this link: www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_daylon27.2c58066.html . And here's Daylon's website: www.helpmakeamiracle.org if you want to know more about what's going on.

Thanks everyone! Please pass this email on to everyone you know!!!! Let's all help make a miracle!
-Nancy Nielsen

0 comments: