Pages

5.11.2010

This is me:

I was on my friends blog (click here) she has the funniest blog! She is such a great writer! She talked about this article (click here) and how our blog life and real life don't match up always. How everything on a blog is perfect, but let's be honest...real life isn't always perfect. I sometimes have to remember this as I read people's blogs and am amazed by their perfect lifes and feel myself get slightly jealous of them and how put together they always seem to be. Sometimes I go home comparing myself to them, but then realize...it's blog life, they didn't put the bad things on there.
So the real me: i have a huge pile of laundry on my couch that is waiting to be folded; i have tons of dishes in my sink; my bed isn't made; I'm always stressed about money; right now trying to find a house in Louisville in our budget is killing me cause we need it in 1.5 months; I'm trying to lose some extra weight to fit into jeans that I wore when James I were dating 4 years ago...just 10 pounds, but I hate working out; sometimes I don't make dinner cause I just don't feel like it; sometimes my husband and I argue; i have tons of scrapbooking that is half done and is like 3 years old and I'm sure my fridge needs to be cleaned out. There ya have it! That is me, all out there for all the world to see!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin, I love this...it is so true! I loved this article...I definitely think I need to share it! Thanks for your honest post!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we're all more similar than we realize! I can totally relate to some of the things the real you deals with! Thanks for that!

Cierra said...

i loved that article as well! i TOTALLY compare myself all the time to all these seemingly perfect women/couples/families and then end up feeling like crap about myself and my marriage because of it. sometimes i think i should just stop reading blogs altogether. i just need to remember that no one is perfect and they are not putting all the bad stuff on their blogs, just like i don't!

Amy said...

SO true. When I first began reading blogs I felt so horrible about myself b/c I wasn't miss crafty with a beautiful home and perfect clothes and a 100% harmonious marriage.

Katie said...

Love it! Good luck with house hunting, that can be so stressful.