Pages

7.29.2010

18 Months

Picnik collage

(obviously waiting for dinner is killer for this kid)

Look who is going to Nursery by himself this sunday! Hurray!!!! I already know he will do great because his best friends are in there along with his other buddies! I'm pretty excited about this!!!

What's going on lately with this kid:

  • he climbs on everthing, EVERYTHING
  • he eats far more than most normal adults
  • can i just say I am blessed, he still eats all foods we give him whether fish, veggies...whatever...he eats it
  • ok the only food he doesn't like...the cookie part of an ice cream sandwhich
  • he will say tons of words once, and then you will never hear them again. The other night james said "i love you" and he totally repeated it to him! But I'll never hear it again
  • every noise that I give him using my mouth, he can imitate perfectly
  • his throwing, catching, and kicking skills are getting pretty amazing and he loves doing all three most of the day...one day he will be quite the athlete
  • he loves his boxcars, shopping cart, tool box and balls. those are the only toys he ever plays with at home
  • he knows how to take his diaper off, but only does so when I tell him he can (when he is getting into the bathtub)
  • he always wants to go touch and give love to babies and dogs
  • he loves airplanes and nothing will stop him from trying to go see one
  • he goes down all slides by himself with no help and will do it 20x in a row laughing the whole way down (need to videotape!)
  • he hates when I brush his teeth, he has to do it himself...he has to do everything himself
  • he eats on his own with utensils pretty well and drinks out of a big kid cup now...no issues
  • He basically sleeps his life away. 10-11 hours a night and sleeps 5 hours of naps during the day, but we are going to start switching him to one long nap
  • Completely off the Paci now! Hurray, it only took this little guy 1 day and he has been great without it!!!! So proud of him. But now he tries to take it away from all the other kids and give it to their parents.
  • walks backwards and thinks its funny
  • knows where all his body parts are on his face, feet, belly area and hands
  • loves stacking things and then wrecking it (what boy doesn't)
  • likes to help with dusting and sweeping
  • shaking his booty when he turns on the radio himself
  • has started to master my phone and knows what buttons to push for certain things
  • he likes to watch my friend when she conducts music in church and try to imitate her
  • he has recently takin up singing...

We love this kid and he is such a joy! I hope all my children are this perfect!

Seriously, I'm lovin this age!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

What a cutie you have. I forsee a date with Aliyah in about 16 years. :)

jamie t. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.