7.13.2010
An example
The last few months James and I have been working on prayers with Brady. Now that James is gone, I have really had to step it up and remember to do it every night by myself with him. I have him kneel across from me, he does this funny clasping of his hands to copy me, but of course doesn't close his eyes, he just stares at me and smiles, but at the end says a funny version of "amen". James is a great influence that way. I'm not a great prayer person. I am great at remembering when there is a blessing that comes to me I always remember to say a prayer of thanks, or if i am in need. But on a regular basis I forget, just like I forget to clean my face before bedtime. So James making this big in our house, helping remind me that I need to be a good example to Brady, has really helped me remember each night after I am done with Brady and his simple prayers to go and have a good long talk with Heavenly Father. It has helped me to start reading my scriptures again and go through and read ensign talks. Which in the end has just made me feel more happy, and more safe even while living by myself. I'm grateful to my husband and his fabulous example to me, and in the end it really does make my life a whole lot better remembering to do the things I should be doing, why haven't I been doing this all along!?
Posted by
Erin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment