Pages

7.12.2010

Never Judge

Last wednesday Brady came down with a fever. I just thought it was an ear infection because he sometimes gets fevers with no other indication.
Take him to the Dr. on thurs and he has hand, foot and mouth disease. I thought that was just something dirty kids got in Hawaii! I guess I was taught not to judge those kids in Hawaii ever again! Luckily he only had a mild case with blisters on the back of his throat. But since it is so contagious we were confined to home. When your house is 3/4's packed, you are on a budget of using your AC on a certain schedule, and stuck in a small apartment it gets really boring really fast! Brady slept A LOT! I read A LOT! I made banana bread, organized meals for the next week and started prepping meals for the week, took lots of 5-6 mile walks (which I can't wait to do every morning in KY where is green and actually pretty!), packed some boxes and snuggled a lot with Brady!
By the time today (Monday) came around, I was glad to go back to work. Have some interactions with adults and get out of the house (ps: only 24 actual days left of work!)!

I also took Brady off his beloved pacifier. I only let him have it at naptimes, but lately he is finding it in his crib and taking it out. James has been wanting me to take him off it for awhile for fear of his teeth. Our pediatrician says it's fine since it's his baby teeth. I think he is going to need braces anyways if he has any mix of our mouths!
So Friday morning first nap, he cried for 1.5 hours. I went in held him and sang some songs and then he went down. Second nap cried for 1.5 hours. I went in laid him down, tucked him in, sang a song, explained that he was a big boy now and he went down. By that night he only cried for 15 min and has been fabulous ever since! I thought it would take days, but it only took one! Seriously, I can't say it enough, I have the easiest kid!

James has now been gone for 2 weeks. We talk everyday at some point on the phone. He tells me about how he had to peel his cadaver...I like hearing these stories...Sounds sick, but that kind of thing would have been my dream to do! Should have been a Dr, but I hate tests! He is doing well, liking school, making tons of friends. I told him he had to find all the married people or ones with cool girlfriends cause I will need some friends!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I just found out today that Lily has the same thing! She was fussy and feverish so we took her into the BYU student health center and the doctor took one look at her throat and told us it was hand, foot, and mouth disease! She only has the blisters in her throat but still it makes for such a grumpy baby and she's hardly wanting to eat anything. It sucks. So I totally feel your pain! :)

Georges said...

Noah had hand, foot, mouth a few months back, just in his throat & mouth as well, and yes, he is Hawaiian, but not one of those "Dirty Kids" in Hawaii ;-) I guess it must be going around and can even hit the clean kids too!

jamie t. said...

I'm so sorry about his infections. That is probably the last thing you needed with James gone. Glad you are dealing so well. Very brave as well to tackle the binkie too. It was hard to break Brooklyn. She took up thumb sucking soon after :)