Pages

7.16.2010

Pretty Exciting stuff!

Another thing getting crossed off my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days!

I started learning how to sew last night. Ok. Well I learned how to

- buy a pattern

- take it out of the envelope and read it

- line my fabric up

- pin everything and how to read the pattern

- and cut my fabric out!

Next week we will actually start the sewing process! We are making PJ pants for Relief Society and I'm so excited! I love PJ pants, and I think I have found my new love of crafting! Well, I guess we shall see how my pants turn out before I say that! This is my fabric (flannel), which I bought extra along with another type to make a baby blanket for a friend! Gorgeous isn't it!

3 comments:

Heidi Chandler said...

That is gorgeous! I have just recently picked up sewing. Let me know about patterns that you like! Keep posting your sewing stuff! Ill try to do mine too =)

Anonymous said...

that is awesome. I love sewing. i'm currently working on some curtains for Gwenevere's room.

I can't wait to see a picture of your PJs.

Mary Boyd said...

Good luck with sewing. That is a skill I would be smart to master. Little boys lose buttons a lot! Love and miss you guys.