Pages

7.17.2011

CHORES FOR FISH (by James)

The other day we were cleaning our house and I asked Brady to clean up his toys. He tried, but everytime I pointed out some that he had missed, he had to go and play with them for a minute and then be reminded that we were still cleaning up. Eventually, I started saying if you clean up I will give you some money (Molly's new motivator with her kids - Thanks!). So Brady kept putting a toy or two away then would come over and remind me that I would be giving him some money. That was no surprise... But I was shocked when he started saying, "Brady moneys for fish!" Well we finally finished and he took a nap, but not before I gave him some money for fish. Two and a half hours later we had to wake him up from his nap. So when I went in to wake him up, he opened his eyes and said, "More moneys for fish?" Literally the first and only words out of his mouth before he slammed his head back into his pillow.

As a follow up, if you ask him what kind of fish he would like... Nemo fish, Gold fish, etc, etc. He will say, "No, Shark please!" That's my boy, going big out of the gate!

2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

:) I just love the fact that he knows what he wants.

ConnieB said...

What a funny kid! I should use this with Brody... he has a penny bank and loves putting coins in it! Although now that I got him hooked on gumballs that may be all he wants money for :p

...btw I didn't realize when I went to talk to you that you were moving into the ward! (Then you announced it and I got it then;) Exciting! And welcome! I bet Brody is super glad to have another boy to hang out with! Not to mention I'm happy to get to know you too (: